Short Courses in Renewable Energy
The Brew-Hammond Energy Center is inviting applications into its 1-week intensive short training in the following courses:
1. DESIGN AND INSTALLATION OF STAND-ALONE SOLAR PV SYSTEMS
This course aims to trains participants to design, install and manage off-grid solar Photovoltaic systems.
- Solar radiation resource assessment;
- Characteristics of commercially available PV Cell technologies;
- PV System Design (Load Assessment, PV array sizing, charge regulators, battery bank, cabling, etc);
- Installation, System maintenance and Management;
- Economic Assessment of PV projects.
Target participants: practicing engineers and technicians
2. FINANCIAL MODELLING AND ANALYSIS OF RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS
The objective of this course is to equip participants with tools for analysing financial and technical viability of renewable energy projects.
Acquisition and analysis of solar and wind energy resource data, review of key technical characteristics of solar and wind energy technologies, technology cost at system and component levels, performance and system output projection, risk and sensitivity analysis, options for project financing.
Target Participants: Renewable Energy and Energy Policy professionals, Engineers, Project Appraisal Officers, NGOs, Students.The Brew-Hammond Energy Centre Off