Title of Research
Curriculum development and training in Solar Powered Irrigation System (SPIS)
Principal Investigator / Project Coordinator
Research Team Members and Departments
Bismark Baah, Student Researcher, Mechanical Engineering Department
Grace E. B. Ephraim, Research Assistant, The Brew-Hammond Energy Centre
Other Collaborating Institutions or Departments
Research Amount/ Grant size
GH¢ 94,200 (KNUST Share)
Funding Agency/Source of funding
Research Duration (Start and End Date)
19th November, 2020 to 19th March, 2021
Research Story/ Article
The Brew-Hammond Energy Centre, KNUST has received funding from the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) for the project titled “Curriculum Development and Training Solar Powered Irrigation System (SPIS)”.
The Project is expected to undertake activities such as:
- Needs assessment studies on selected training institutes in Ghana.
- Support the design and development of CBT curricula and training materials in SPIS.
- Support the development of learning and assessment materials/modules.
- Support the development and production of learning and assessment materials
- Preparation and submission of final report
- Support SPIS ToT pilot trainings in 3 selected institutes.