The Brew Hammond Energy Centre, College of Engineering, KNUST has received funding from the ‘Hybrid Waste to Energy as a Sustainable Solution for Ghana’ project to train postgraduate students in any of the following thematic areas: Optimization of anaerobic digestion of municipal solid waste and Pyrolysis of waste. This project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and research (BMBF), aimed at developing tailor-made solutions to tackle the problem of waste management as well as power management in Ghana.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into MPhil degree programmes at the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Department of Chemistry.
- Programme Fellowships
The College, through the School of Graduate Studies, KNUST is pleased to announce the availability of limited funding to pursue a 2-year full time programme in any of the following disciplines:
- MPhil Agro-Environmental Engineering
- MPhil Bioengineering
- MPhil Chemical Engineering
- MPhil Chemistry
The funding is expected to cover Tuition Fees, Accommodation and Research Grant. Payment of stipend is not part of this scholarship.
- Entry requirements
In conformity with the entry requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate should have a minimum of:
a. Academic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with First or Second Class (Upper Division), preferably in Agricultural & Biosystems / Bioresources Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, or related programmes
b. Age: Not more than 40 years by 1st August 2020
- Completing Application Form
- Ghanaian Students: Purchase the e-voucher based information provided at: Admission Portal and complete the relevant application documents for the programme of choice from the list.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit signed copies (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with all relevant documents (see section 5 below) including Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and Transcript to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
- ELECTRONIC COPIES of completed application forms and supporting documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be considered.
- Deadline for the submission of application forms is 30th July 2020.
- Application forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview.
- Application supporting documents
- Completed application form with Two passport photographs
- Detailed CV and two academic letters of reference
- Official transcript and certificate for BSc degree
- Soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialisation, current occupation, how the programme will fit into your professional vision, how Ghana stands to benefit after your training.
- Soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
For all inquiries regarding this application, email: email@example.com or visit our website at energycentre.knust.edu.gh